Fury / Nightlock Women's Clinic
On Sunday, September 9th, come watch some Bay Area women's ultimate action as Fury and Nightlock vie for their seed at Regionals, and then spend an hour and a half learning from some of the top players in the country.
- Register by filling out the form. Each round includes some beginner options!
- Print out the waiver and bring it with you. Minors must have a parent/guardian signature.
- Please bring $15 (or $5 if you're a student). Exact change much appreciated!
- Don't forget to bring cleats (if you have them) and water.
We'll do our best to get you into your first choices, but sign up early in case spaces fill up!
The clinic will run 2-3:30pm at the Sand Hill fields on Stanford's campus.
- Beginner Throwing: learn the mechanics of throwing, getting low, and throwing inside-outs and outside-ins.
- Throwing: throwing with a mark, overheads, and more.
- Beginner Laying Out: learn proper layout form to expand your range on o and d.
- Laying Out: once you have the mechanics down, learn how to make good choices to keep yourself and your opponents safe.
- Beginner Cutting: we'll go over cutting basics, technique and body mechanics of different types of cuts.
- Cutting: when to use which cuts and tricks to get open on someone one-on-one.
- Defensive Match Ups: learn and practice specific techniques for becoming a dominant one-on-one defender.
- Marking: learn footwork, arm control, body placement, and several different techniques for shutting down the break side.
- Skying: develop good footwork and find the peak of your jump.
Our goal is to create a fun and supportive learning environment and to help grow the sport that we love so much!
If you can’t make this time, but would be interested in attending another event like this, please email us to let us know. If there is enough interest we will try to schedule another clinic soon.
We are really looking forward to it!!
Anna, and the rest of Fury